September 22nd Marked the First Day of Fall
The steady hum of the Cicadas high in the trees are fading quickly. We may still have a few warm days ahead, but the cooler weather is creeping in as Fall takes hold. Our teams of technicians are ready for the transition, how about you and your home?
Heating System Checklist
With a little preparation you can have your furnace ready for the coldest weather Mother Nature can throw our way.
- Furnace tune-up As with any mechanical system, regular maintenance for your furnace will help it last longer. A well maintained system will also operate efficiently saving you money on your utility bills. When we perform your system tune-up we also remove debris, cobwebs and dust that has accumulated around the burners.
- Filter Change You should be changing your furnace's filter regularly throughout the year. If you have not changed it lately now would be an excellent time to do that. We suggest you replace your filter yourself to save money, why pay a professional HVAC specialist to do something that is very easy to do. If you should have questions, we will be happy to answer them for you.
- Heating System Evaluation If you have experienced trouble maintaining a comfortable temperature in your home in the past now would be a good time have our heating specialist evaluate your system. We can check things out and let you know why some rooms in your home are difficult to keep warm.
- Is your furnace properly sized for your home?
- Would you benefit from a newer programmable thermostat?
- Is your current system starting to show its age?
- Is your system properly set up with vents and return air ducts for each room?
- Are there any vents with low airflow?
Our team of HVAC specialists are ready to help you prepare for the change of seasons.